|15. juni-erklæringen (Sør-Korea)|
|Revidert romanisering||Nambuk Gongdong Seoneon|
|McCune-Reischauer||Nambuk Kongdong Sŏnŏn|
Ifølge erklæringen, som mange anså som et skritt mot en koreansk gjenforening, ble det planlagt fire kommende møter på ministernivå i Pyongyang, Seoul og Jejuøya fra juli til desember 2000. Disse skulle også involvere Røde Kors for blant annet å organisere de planlagte familiegjenforeningene.
Erklæringens engelske versjon lyder:
"True to the noble will of all the fellow countrymen for the peaceful reunification of the country, Chairman Kim Jong-il of the National Defence Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and President Kim Dae-jung of the Republic of Korea had a historic meeting and summit talks in Pyongyang from June 13 to 15, 2000.
"The heads of the north and the south, considering that the current meeting and summit talks, the first of its kind since the division of the country, are events of great importance in promoting mutual understanding, developing inter-Korean relations and achieving peaceful reunification, declare as follows:
- "The North and the South agreed to solve the question of the country’s reunification independently by the concerted efforts of the Korean nation responsible for it.
- "The North and the South, recognizing that the low-level federation proposed by the North and the commonwealth system proposed by the South for the reunification of the country have similarity, agreed to work together for the reunification in this direction in the future.
- "The North and the South agreed to settle humanitarian issues as early as possible, including the exchange of visiting groups of separated families and relatives and the issue of unconverted long-term prisoners, to mark August 15 this year.
- "The North and the South agreed to promote the balanced development of the national economy through economic cooperation and build mutual confidence by activating cooperation and exchange in all fields, social, cultural, sports, public health, environmental and so on.
- "The North and the South agreed to hold an authority-to-authority negotiation as soon as possible to put the above-mentioned agreed points into speedy operation.
"President Kim Dae Jung invited Chairman Kim Jong Il of the DPRK National Defence Commission to visit Seoul and Chairman Kim Jong Il agreed to do so at an appropriate time.
"15. juni 2000